Thank you for your interest in the .NET Foundation. The .NET Foundation is the steward of a growing collection of open source technologies for .NET, Microsoft’s comprehensive development framework. These forums are a place to discuss .NET Foundation-related topics like project governance, legal issues, .NET community, and open source software around .NET.
Please see the .NET Foundation Forums Quick Start Guide for help getting set up and getting the most out of these forums.
Please treat others with respect, assume good intentions, and if you see something wrong, you can flag it for our attention or email us to let us know. Here are some specific guidelines to keep in mind when interacting with others in our forums:
- The real-life test: You shouldn’t talk to anyone here in a way that you wouldn’t talk to someone in person, including a boss or new colleague. Always conduct yourself in a respectful manner.
- Be welcoming and patient: Remember that everyone here is generously donating their time. Assume that every discussion, question and answer is posted with good intentions. Treat others with the same respect you’d want them to treat you because we’re all here to learn, together. Be patient with others who may not know everything you know, and bring your sense of humor.
- Focus on the post, not the person: Keep it professional, and avoid criticism of the author, (as opposed to the post). Don’t make assumptions about a user’s identity, and avoid references to demographics unless they are an essential part of the question or answer. Refrain from name-calling and other ad-hominem attacks.
- Please no product endorsements: This forum is meant for discussions around Open Source Software. Please refrain from promoting your products here that are not OSS as they may be treated as spam by our community.
- Choose your words carefully: Expletives are generally not allowed; don’t be vulgar. Think before posting an inflammatory remark, even as a joke: if it isn’t appropriate at work or home, it is not appropriate here.
- Be civil: Attacking or harassing individuals based on gender, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, age, race, or religion – and any and all other types of personal attack – is unacceptable. Sexually suggestive language, imagery, and attention are not appropriate anywhere.
In summary, have fun, and be good to each other.