Hi, I would like to introduce Pathfinding Laboratory: a playground made for running and comparing pathfinding algorithms and heuristic functions.
- An editable retro RPG-style map where you can place various obstacles, creating whatever maze you want.
- Five algorithms and three heuristic functions available for playing with (more to be added).
- Right-clicking on two positions to find a path that can be undone anytime.
- A grid layer with animation to show expanded nodes and depths(levels).
- A chart that fully illustrates the evolution of Open List during the process.
- A code snippet that demonstrates LINQ statement using LINQ to A*.
The project is written in ASP.NET Core MVC/API and TypeScript. The algorithm part of the project is based on LINQ to A*: a POC about pathfinding algorithms written in C# and used with LINQ expressions.
If you are interested in the algorithms, check it out and play with it. All bugs are welcome to be submitted on its GitHub repository.