Old version needed

I have a proprietary software that I used for my dissertation in 2012 that ran on the .NET 2.0.50727 version. I have 4.8 now on WIN 10, but my software will not run. Can I obtain that version or is there a fix. I am not a programmer. I’m hoping to retest part of my dissertation. The software belongs to me.

.Net Framework 3.5 should be able to run any application built for .Net Framework 2.0. Can you follow the instructions here to install it and see if that works for you?

Thank you. I will try that.

Ok. One small obstacle. V3.5 will work, but when I begin the install I receive a message that another version of my software is in process of installation and I should complete the installation before I try to install my software. I cannot find another version in process. How can I find that and cancel the installation? I have rebooted.

Sorry, I have no idea how to fix that.

1 Like

Hello Dark,
Trust you’re keeping good.

Surely we can assist you on your requirements regarding Software Upgrade
Please rply back with your full requirement.

Regards,
Cameron
Skype id
live:cameron_4004
Maid id
cameron@cisinlabs.com

If you still haven’t yet figured out the issue go to task manager and look for the running processes (your program) and cancel or try and find in apps it may have installed and delete and start over. you can find task manager by selecting ctrl>alt>delete simultaneously and select task manager there

Thanks! I did figure it out and loaded the program but it won’t run. Oh well! I’ll just keeping working on it.

Thanks again for your response.
Angela

If your app was created under a 32 operating system and your windows 10 is a 64 bit operating system may be your issue this is something to look intoalso it is kinda the same with version of .NET it was created with and in this case you mention 2.0 try and open it in Visual Studio which you can download for free and rebuild it with the latest ver of .NET

Sincerely,

David Barselow

Oh, cool! I will work on that this week. Thanks.

.NET Foundation Website | Blog | Projects | Code of Conduct