SaaS applications are a trend and most of them require multi-tenancy support.
I’d like to request official support for multi-tenancy in the DNX packages.
Which should include:
- Subdomain routing
- Support for subdomain debugging with VS and IIS Express
- Multitenant user authentication
- Support for both global and separate identity systems (whether same username can appear in various tenants)
- Easy DB partition via:
- Easy auto-implementation of
- Easy partition by Schema or by
- DB per tenant partitioning - by changing the queried DB according to the current tenant
- A mix of the above
Here are two projects I’m using to implement my application:
- AspNet.Identity.EntityFramework.Multitenant (vNext)
- ASP.NET MVC 6 / ASP.NET 5 Domain Routing + Tenant Middleware
I hope this gets in the box. Multi tenant apps are part of many other languages now and should really be part of the .NET foundation.