Is ASP.NET Ajax open-sourced?

My question is in the subject. Is ASP.NET Ajax (for example, all web controls) open-sourced ? I can’t find it in the list of projects on the .NET Foundation web site…

Thank you !

@CEG_Ecoles - Yes the ASP.NET Ajax Control Toolkit is in the list of projects. See http://www.dotnetfoundation.org/aspnet-ajax

Does that help?

No, I don’t think of ASP.NET Ajax Control Toolkit, but just “ASP.NET Ajax”. ASPX pages, “simple” controls, like asp:button, for example.

@CEG_Ecoles you mean “ASP.Net Web Forms” - that’s the collective name for the classic ASP.Net stuff.

[Update]
Check out response on other thread: Cross-platform support for Web Service Frameworks

Ideally when .Net 4.6 is stable they would open source that version of System.Web for posterity.

Thank you @Webprofusion.

Does that mean that “ASP.Net Web Forms” is dead ? Is it a technology to abandon ?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge…

It’s not dead. It’s not the cool and more common way to build websites now a days but for pure speed and an intranet site nothing beats Web Forms. I still use it when I want to create simple utility pages for sites.

Thank you @Shmuelie for your feed-back !

.NET Foundation Website | Blog | Projects | Code of Conduct