Error during CoreCLR build [Solved]

I’m not sure where to post this question.

I’ve tried to ask a question about the the CLRCore build before but it didn’t get published.
I’ve opened the question in the mdsn forum

I’m following windows instruction (on win7 64bit) to build -rebuild the coreclr repo but I get the following fatal error

`Unhandled Exception: 
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: 

Could not load file or assembly 
'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies.

Impossibile trovare il file specificato.
   at Microsoft.DotNet.Execute.Executor.OpenFile()
   at Microsoft.DotNet.Execute.Executor.Main(String[] args)`

the following files are not even created

"C:\Git\coreclr\bin\Logs\CoreCLR_Windows_NT__x64__Debug.log"
"C:\Git\coreclr\bin\Logs\CoreCLR_Windows_NT__x64__Debug.wrn"
"C:\Git\coreclr\bin\Logs\CoreCLR_Windows_NT__x64__Debug.err

The complete output is here

Microsoft Windows [Versione 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Tutti i diritti riservati.

C:\Git\coreclr>build -rebuild
BUILD: Commencing CoreCLR Repo build
BUILD: Checking prerequisites
BUILD: Using environment: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\Tools\\VsDevCmd.bat"
Tools are already initialized.
Running: C:\Git\coreclr\Tools\dotnetcli\dotnet.exe C:\Git\coreclr\Tools\run.exe build -Project=C:\Git\coreclr\build.proj -generateHeaderWindows -NativeVersionHeaderFile="C:\Git\coreclr\bin\obj\_version.h" -BuildOS=Window
s_NT -BuildType=Debug -BuildArch=x64  -rebuild

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. Impossibile trovare i
l file specificato.
   at Microsoft.DotNet.Execute.Executor.Main(String[] args)
BUILD: Commencing build of native components for Windows_NT.x64.Debug
BUILD: Using environment: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\Tools\\..\..\VC\vcvarsall.bat" x86_amd64
BUILD: Regenerating the Visual Studio solution
-- VS_PLATFORM_TOOLSET is v140
-- VS_PLATFORM_NAME is x64
-- VS_WINDOWS_TARGET_PLATFORM_VERSION is
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: C:/Git/coreclr/bin/obj/Windows_NT.x64.Debug
Tools are already initialized.
Running: C:\Git\coreclr\Tools\dotnetcli\dotnet.exe C:\Git\coreclr\Tools\run.exe build -Project=C:\Git\coreclr\bin\obj\Windows_NT.x64.Debug\install.vcxproj -MsBuildLog=/flp:Verbosity=normal;LogFile="C:\Git\coreclr\bin\Log
s\CoreCLR_Windows_NT__x64__Debug.log" -MsBuildWrn=/flp1:WarningsOnly;LogFile="C:\Git\coreclr\bin\Logs\CoreCLR_Windows_NT__x64__Debug.wrn" -MsBuildErr=/flp2:ErrorsOnly;LogFile="C:\Git\coreclr\bin\Logs\CoreCLR_Windows_NT__
x64__Debug.err" -configuration=Debug  -BuildOS=Windows_NT -BuildType=Debug -BuildArch=x64  -rebuild

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. Impossibile trovare i
l file specificato.
   at Microsoft.DotNet.Execute.Executor.Main(String[] args)
BUILD: Error: native component build failed. Refer to the build log files for details:
    "C:\Git\coreclr\bin\Logs\CoreCLR_Windows_NT__x64__Debug.log"
    "C:\Git\coreclr\bin\Logs\CoreCLR_Windows_NT__x64__Debug.wrn"
    "C:\Git\coreclr\bin\Logs\CoreCLR_Windows_NT__x64__Debug.err"

Issue fixed after the latest commits.

For future reference, generally the best place to ask about issues with building some repository is in an issue on that repository.

For future reference, generally the best place to ask about issues with building some repository is in an issue on that repository.

@svick Hi! That was the first thing I tried (=opening an issue on GitHub).
They never took care of answering me,

.NET Foundation Website | Blog | Projects | Code of Conduct