Channel 9 Interview: .NET Open Source Initiative

I thought I’d post a link here if you missed it – At BUILD some of the .NET Foundation team members were interviewed on Channel 9.

Check out the interview here: .NET Open Source Initiative

I was up there with Jay Schmelzer (@JaySchmelzer) , Immo Landwerth (@terrajobst) and Martin Woodward (@martin) . Jay is also the President of the .NET Foundation, Immo is on the Advisory Council and project lead for CoreFx and Martin is the Executive Director of the .NET Foundation. I’m officially the “secretary” but I rather call myself the Technical Evangelist :-).

We chatted about what the .NET Foundation is, why we need it, and what it can do for the .NET ecosystem. Enjoy.

That’s really good with the Microsoft’s open source initiative, how sure how much resources it has been put on it thought.

But it would be good to have more regional event like hackathon/meetup of using .net open source technologies/framework to build something interesting.

Hi @beyourmarket,

Great idea! Where do you live? :slight_smile: There are a lot of .NET meetups around the world. You can see some of them here. And we plan on updating our website to include events soon as well.

I admit right now there isn’t a ton of content out there to use, but here are some good resources for training from BUILD and the .NET Core docs and ASP.NET 5 docs the team is still writing.

I expect there to be a lot more content as we approach a stable release of .NET Core and ASP.NET 5 later this year.

Hi @BethMassi,

Thanks for the links/resources.

I live in Copenhagen, Denmark. It does have an active .net developer group with around 800 developers joined. It would be good to see if there are events about .net open source in the future.

.NET Foundation Website | Blog | Projects | Code of Conduct