Bitcoin API Port for .NET Core

So before I begin, I’m not really sure if this is an appropriate post, but I hope others will find this interesting.

I’m currently working on a port of the NBitcoin project so developers will be able to use this C# API for Bitcoin using .NET Core. Since I’m relatively new to C# (I’m more experienced with VB.NET), I was hoping that some other would find this project of some level of interest so it can eventually become complete and stable.

A little about the original NBitcoin project (as quoted from the repo’s README file

NBitcoin is the most complete Bitcoin library for the .NET platform. It is compatible with Open Assets and implements most relevant Bitcoin Improvement Proposals (BIPs). It provides also low level access to Bitcoin primitives so you can easily create your own smart contracts.

I am hoping to bring this API to .NET Core for cross-platform usage and make it possible for the wide-spread community of C# developers to use the Bitcoin API without the chains of a Linux machine and C++, or the full .NET Framework on a Windows machine.

Again, I’m sorry if this type of post isn’t allowed, as I’m trying not to spam, but provide other developers another useful library for their endeavours. :slight_smile:

EDIT: I completely forgot to put a link to the project (whoops…) So here it is:
(http://github.com/tom-corwin/NBitcoin-NETCore).

Thanks for reading!

.NET Foundation Website | Blog | Projects | Code of Conduct