Traditionally the .NET team have been big fans of custom team T-Shirts, mugs, port glasses and other trinkets which we wear to show our pride and hand out as an award for exceptional contribution. Here are a couple of examples from Build 2015 (thanks to Mads and Beth for being unwitting models...) :
Now that the team just got a lot bigger with the >2k folks that have contributed to .NET Foundation projects I was wondering if we should be more democratic about this and put swag designs into a new dotnet/swag repo on GitHub and then set up a CafePress store or similar where folks can order their own (in a size that fits) if they want to show support of .NET.
What do you think? Would anyone want to pay for swag (just delivery costs etc, we would set the store close to break-even - maybe add $1 that we would use to go towards funding of purchases of special edition swag for folks that make an exceptional contribution in a year or something)
- What do you think - good idea or lame?
- Do you have picture of your favorite items of swag that we should dig out the designs for?
- What license should we use for the designs (I was thinking CC-BY)
- Should we use CafePress or another site? (Zazzle?, What about outside
- Do we want a voting process before accepting PR's for swag designs or just leave it fairly open and let people decide with their wallets?
Any other ways that "project swag" should work?